5 dried shiitake mushrooms 1/2 cup peanut oil 1 onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2cm piece of fresh ginger, finely chopped
1 teaspoon ground
1/2 large eggplant (or 1 small eggplant), chopped into small pieces
1 bunch bok choy, leaves and stems sliced and separated
1 1/2 cups Arborio rice (or short grain rice)
1 1/2 cups vegetable stock 3 tablespoons tablespoons
light soy sauce, plus extra for serving
2 table spoons rice vinegar
1 teaspoon miso paste 1 teaspoon sesame oil 2 large sheets nori, toasted, one chopped the other
sliced into triangles for garnish
1/2 cup sesame seeds, toasted
500g silken tofu
1 bunch coriander, sliced 1 yellow capsicum,
1 Tahitian lime, segmented
1 large red chilli, finely sliced
2 small radishes, finely sliced
Extra toasted sesame seeds
1. Soak mushrooms in two cups of boiling water for 20 minutes.
2. Heat peanut oil in a large banquet frying pan over medium heat. Sauté onion until translucent.
Add garlic, ginger and ground coriander and cook until golden
3. Add eggplant, bok choy stems and rice to pan. Cook until rice is transparent on the edges.
4. Slice mushrooms and add to the pan along with stock, soy, vinegar, miso paste and two cups of
soaking water until just covered. Cover with a lid, reduce heat to low and cook stirring
5. When rice grains are soft, stir until most of the liquid is absorbed. Add sesame oil, chopped nori,
sesame seeds and bok choy leaves.
6. Add tofu and gently fold through to warm.
7. To serve, spoon rice into a small bowl and carefully turn onto plate. Garnish with remaining
toasted sesame seeds, soy, toasted nori, coriander, capsicum, lime, chilli and radish.
Notes: Preparation: 40 minutes + Cooking: 20 minutes