Now is the time to boost your immune system. There are plenty of respiratory infections in circulation and your best defence is a robust immune system.
Here are 12 simple things you can do to boost your immunity:
- Get sufficient sleep; which is 7-9 hours for most adults folks. Learn more about sleep & how to get it..
- Get sufficient exercise; which is minimum 150 minutes weekly for most adults. Find something you enjoy and do it regularly, starting with 15 minutes can help.
- Reduce your stress levels; even taking 5 minutes each day to do something that relaxes you will help. It could be listening to music, reading a book, having a bath, playing a guided meditation, stretching, watching the world go by.. whatever works for you. It’s best during this time to disengage from the phone, screen and any demands. It’s only 5 minutes remember..
- Do breathing exercises; simple breathing awareness for 5 minutes daily will do. Qi Gong or Yoga exercises are even better.
- Avoid eating refined sugar; use natural sweeteners like stevia if it helps.
- Don’t smoke. Sing out if you need help with this. Dr. Daniel Gibbs at Freedom Chinese Medicine is particularly experienced with smoking cessation treatments.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Eat a diet high in fruits and vegetables.
- Take liquid Panax Ginseng.
- Take a high potency Vitamin C supplement
- Take our Defence Plus or Resistance Formula. They contain astragalus, codonopsis and lots of other herbal goodies which have a strong immune strengthening function. Available in capsule, pill or granulated form.
(The above products are available at Freedom Chinese Medicine)
Dr. Elaine Hickman
B.H.Sc. TCM (Acupuncture), Cert.Cl.Ac (Beijing)
Registered Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine
Freedom Chinese Medicine
27 Ivanhoe Pde
Ivanhoe VIC 3079
Ph. 03) 9486 5966
Email: [email protected]