Now is the time to boost your immune system, before the cold weather really hits. There are plenty of respiratory infections in circulation and your best defence is a robust immune system.
Here are 10 simple things you can do to boost your immunity:
- Get sufficient sleep; which is 7-9 hours for most adults folks. Learn more about sleep & how to get it..
- Get sufficient exercise; which is minimum 150 minutes weekly for most adults.
- Reduce your stress levels; even taking 5 minutes each day to do something that relaxes you will help. Attending a meditation class will help even more.
- Do breathing exercises; simple breathing awareness for 5 minutes daily will do. Qi Gong or Yoga exercises are even better.
- Avoid eating refined sugar; use natural sweeteners like stevia if it helps.
- Don’t smoke.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Eat a diet high in fruits and vegetables.
- Have an acupuncture or cupping session. Yes either can boost your immune response or help you recover.¹
- Take our popular liquid Panax Ginseng
- Take our high potency Vitamin C supplement
- Take our Defence Plus or Resistance Formula
(The above products are available at Freedom Chinese Medicine)
If you’d like to use Acupuncture or Chinese Herbs to boost your immunity. Contact us on 9486 5966 or click here to book online. If you haven’t been in for 3+ months or have never been to our clinic, come in by 30th April, 2018 & mention this offer to receive a $20 discount. Special applicable in our Open Room/ Community Acupuncture facility also.
Article written by:
Dr. Elaine Hickman
B.H.Sc. TCM (Acupuncture), Cert.Cl.Ac (Beijing)
Registered Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine
Freedom Chinese Medicine
261 Waterdale Road
Ivanhoe VIC 3079
Ph. 03) 9486 5966
*For acupuncture consultation fee only, for any duration.