Overindulging in the Festive season left you feeling a bit sluggish? Had enough of the sugary treats? Have you gained a few kilo’s? Are you ready to get moving?
Well here are 5 tips for detoxing and maybe losing a bit of weight:
1. Drink at least 2 litres of water per day; water is essential for the driving of detoxification processes and can act as an appetite suppressant if taken intermittently throughout the day.
2. Sleep!..for around 8 hours if possible, and don’t be afraid to do more if you are tired; your body is likely to need it whilst processing toxins.
3. Ease back off the meat and eat an abundance of fresh fruit and vegetables; make sure to include fibrous greens and whole grains if possible. Juices are useful; celery and beetroot make a doozy if not the usual smoothie.
4. Do some light but regular exercise to keep things moving and encourage some sweating; but it’s best not to make yourself too tired as there is an increased risk of falling ill when detoxing.
5. Have some fun! Reward systems can gravitate towards ham and chocolate a bit during this time so some sort of compensation is necessary midst the cajoling of your brain’s dopamine response… Do what you will for a bit!
*Oh yeah; and come for a treatment if you need a bit of help!
by Dr. Daniel Gibbs
Acupuncture, Traditional Chinese Medicine and Massage
Dr. Daniel Gibbs has been practicing Acupuncture, Traditional Chinese Medicine and Massage since 2005. He has experience in treating a wide range of conditions, especially for pain relief. Working both as an independent therapist and adjunctively alongside physiotherapists.
Daniel has a thorough understanding of psychology and neuro-chemistry. And extra skills in Cosmetic Acupuncture.
Daniel is a very relaxed person with excellent skills, so is able to help you on many levels. He is also a veteran skateboarder & an enthusiastic snowboarder.