Some of us are raging internally at the moment. Mainly due to this prolonged lock down. I get it. But how can we constructively deal with our anger? It’s best to express it. Let it out. Check out these 5 tips:
- Do more vigorous exercise than usual. Pound the pavement. Pull out some tough weeds. Try not to hurt yourself of course! The endorphins can really help.
2. Punch a pillow, a punching bag or similar. Not the cat! Listen to some punk music first if you really want to get into it 🙂
3. Scream. So simple. Vocalising rage & anger (ideally not at someone else) can really help. I’m thinking screaming whilst walking in the park alone might wake up some people – in a good way:)
4. Create. Depict your anger on canvas. Write to your local member of parliament. Write for yourself. Do some pottery. Create whatever you like. Expressing anger in any way is better than keeping it inside us.
5. Laugh. Use humor to release tension. Watch some dark comedy. It can diffuse the anger. Help you realise that it’s temporary. Like all of our feelings..
Stay sane, if you can..
Written by Dr. Elaine Hickman
Elaine has trained and worked in various settings, both in Australia and China. She has over 20 years experience in treating many health problems. Elaine loves to provide a health care experience for people that is respectful, effective, empowering and enjoyable. Elaine has particular expertise in Women’s Health, Children’s Health, Family Medicine and Wellness promotion.
Elaine is available
Mondays & Tuesdays
Call (03) 9486 5966