A recipe (originally from Donna Hay) that has stormed the internet. Too good not to pass on and so much more nutritious than rice crackers. These seeded crackers are wholesome, delicious and easier to make than going to the shops where some crackers contain palm oil.
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1/4 cup flaxseeds
- 3 tbsp black chia seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tsp salt flakes plus extra for sprinkling
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped rosemary
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Put all the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix
- Add oil & water and mix into a dough
- Halve the dough and place one half between two sheets of baking paper
- Roll the dough into a sheet about 3mm thick. Make sure the flat dough is rolled into a shape that can bake in your baking dish
- Place onto baking dish and remove top layer of baking paper
- Lightly score the dough to make some snap lines when the crackers are cooked
- Sprinkle with some extra sea salt
- Repeat with second half of the dough
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until golden brown.
Now to decide what to have them with! Enjoy 🙂