Fresh broccoli is one of my favourite vegetables. This pasta recipe is so quick and easy and a great way to dress it up so even the kids will love it!
- 2 to 3 heads of broccoli (cut the florets into bite-sized pieces)
- 100g long spaghetti
- 1 large white potato (cubed)
- 2 to 3 cloves crushed garlic
- Olive oil
- Grana padano parmesan cheese (grated)
- Salt and pepper
- In a small frypan heat approx 1/2 cup olive oil and sauté the crushed garlic
- Bring large pot of water to boil
- Add potato allow to come to boil again
- Add Broccoli and pasta bring to boil, cook until pasta is al dente
- Drain most of the water keepi
- ng about 3cm at the bottom of the pot
- Return the pot to a low flame and add the oil and sautéed garlic along with 1/4 cup or more of parmesan. If it appears a little dry add a little of the kept water.
- Add salt and pepper then serve ?
Recipe by: Mary Caia-Boustead