Acupuncture can be effective at reducing migraine symptoms immediately, and also for treating the cause of the migraines in the first place. It is this holistic effect that makes acupuncture wonderfully effective, even more so than drugs in my experience. Migraines often have multiple triggers, whether it be hormonal, fatigue, stress, dietary, sinus, or muscle tension related. Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine can alleviate these triggers, and the migraine pain, at the same time!
Depending on the individual case, a course of treatment can be as short as 4 sessions to more like 6 if hormones are a problem. Once you’re experiencing less migraines, then you need to maintain the balance. A great Acupuncturist will advise you about how you can best maintain your health and prevent a migraine, in your particular case.
10 more ways to relieve a migraine naturally:
1. Increase the room temperature slightly
2. Take a break from light and noise
5. Do Acupressure here:
6. Do Acupressure here:
7. Inhale Peppermint oil
8. Inhale Woodlock Liniment (Available in store at Freedom Chinese Medicine)
9. Take the Chinese Herbal Medicien Tian Ma Gou Teng Wan (contact us for more information or to buy).
10. Take the Chinese Herbal capsules Headache Relief. (contact us for more information or to buy) (No unpleasant taste and all plant-based herbs)
Yours in great health,
Dr. Elaine Hickman
B.H.Sc. TCM (Acupuncture), Cert.Cl.Ac (Beijing)
Registered Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine