PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 22 minutes
REST TIME 5 minutes
TOTAL TIME 37 minutes
Yield: 12 muffins
- 2 cups almond flour (or almond meal)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa or cacao
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled (or oil of choice)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 large eggs, room temperature (I used Chia Gel and it worked well)
- 3/4 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup gluten-free, dairy-free dark chocolate chips (I omitted these for a lower sugar option and they still tasted great)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a cupcake pan with 12 paper liners; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk almond flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, whisk coconut oil, maple syrup, and eggs.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Stir in the shredded zucchini.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter evenly into your paper liners.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until the center is set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two days.
Recipe source: https://www.glutenfreepalate.com/