Freedom From Pain
Research has shown that:
- Acupuncture has lasting effects on pain¹
- Acupuncture is effective for chronic and acute pain²
- Acupuncture can be used for various types of pain ³
- Acupuncture is a cost-effective treatment for various types of
- Acupuncture is often superior to usual care in treating both
acute and chronic pain
Acute Pain Management: Scientific Evidence (Australian and New Zealand College
of Anaesthetists and Faculty of Pain Medicine) found NHMRC Level I evidence for
• Labour pain
• Egg retrieval pain
• Primary dysmenorrhoea (period pain)
• Tension-type headaches
• Postoperative pain
• Back pain
• Acute burns pain
Schug SA, Palmer GM, Scott DA, Halliwell R, Trinca J. Acute pain management: scientific
evidence, fourth edition, 2015. The Medical journal of Australia. 2016;204(8):315-7.
Acupuncture for acute pain in Emergency Departments research has shown:
• Acupuncture has a higher success rate than morphine (92% vs 78%)
• Shorter resolution time (16+8 minutes vs 28+14 minutes)
* • Fewer minor adverse events (4 vs 85)
Grissa MH, Baccouche H, Boubaker H, Beltaief K, Bzeouich N, Fredj N, et al. Acupuncture vs
intravenous morphine in the management of acute pain in the ED. The American journal of
emergency medicine. 2016;34(11):2112-6.
At Freedom Chinese Medicine, we offer a combined experience of over 70 years.
We also offer low cost, Open Room Acupuncture to help make freedom from pain more accessible.
Contact us on 9486 5966 or click here to book online
- MacPherson H, Vertosick EA, Foster NE, Lewith G, Linde K, Sherman KJ, et al. The
persistence of the effects of acupuncture after a course of treatment: A metaanalysis
of patients with chronic pain. Pain. 2016.
- Vickers AJ, Cronin AM, Maschino AC, Lewith G, MacPherson H, Foster NE, et al.
Acupuncture for chronic pain: individual patient data meta-analysis. Archives of internal
- Hempel S, Taylor SL, Solloway MR, Miake-Lye IM, Beroes JM, Shanman R, et al. VA
Evidence-based Synthesis Program Reports. Evidence Map of Acupuncture. Washington
(DC): Department of Veterans Affairs; 2014