Relaxation Massage is a more gentle, soothing style of massage which will lull you into a calm state.
Studies of the benefits of massage demonstrate that it is an effective treatment for reducing stress, pain and muscle tension.
Massage may also be helpful for:
- Digestive disorders
- Insomnia related to stress
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Paresthesias and nerve pain
- Soft tissue strains or injuries
- Sports injuries
- Temporomandibular joint pain
Beyond the benefits for specific conditions or diseases, some people enjoy massage because it often involves caring, comfort, a sense of empowerment and creating deep connections with their massage therapist.
What if I’m pregnant? Congratulations! We can help you too. Pregnant women often suffer from neck, shoulder, back and hip pain due to hormonal changes and the increasing physical load. Pregnancy massage helps to alleviate tension and pain, relieves headaches, leg cramps, insomnia, fluid retention, stress and fatigue.
Massage is essential maintenance for everyone. Most people wait until they are in pain before they have a massage, thinking it is all about their muscles. However, we know that regular therapeutic massage helps to maintain muscle integrity and posture, provides emotional relief and helps you to manage stress.
To make it easy for you to have regular massage, we provide massage services in our clinic 5 days per week.
Ten good reasons to book yourself a regular massage:
- Massage feels really good!
- Promotes release of “feel good” chemicals in the brain such as endorphin (pain control) & serotonin (mood stabiliser)
- Increases energy – energy used in holding muscle tension is energy that is not available for living life
- Reduces stress, anxiety, pain & injury
- Increases circulation
- Balances nervous system
- Improves lymphatic drainage & elimination of toxins from the body
- Stimulates immune system
- Decreases blood pressure and heart rate
- Improves concentration and mental alertness
Please call (03) 9486 5966 to make an appointment with us.