A. No. However the herbs that we prescribed come in granules, powders, and pill form. You don’t have to cook them; you can just take it with water. It is just as effective, but it is a lot easier to take, the dosage is easy to calculate, and better quality controlled.
A. Elaine has clinic experience of over 15 years, plus training in Australia and China.
A. For most conditions, 3-4 treatments are needed to affect significant improvement. For complex cases, a first course of treatment is usually between 4 to 6 sessions. This can vary depending on the individual cases of course. The practitioner will advise you on this after a diagnosis of the problem has been made.
A. No. People are consistently surprised that acupuncture is usually painless when done by an experienced, gentle practitioner. If there is a sensation felt, it may be like a mosquito bite. Usually people find the treatment very relaxing, and most people fall asleep during the session. We also provide needle-free treatment using a low-level medical laser & finger pressure. These are also painless.
- We charge by the time spent, so the time spent can be minimised as much as possible at the discretion of the practitioner.
- Are you concession eligible?
- Do you have private health extras cover? We have HICAPS so only the gap is payable.
- Chinese herbs are very inexpensive so may be a good option; the practitioner will let you know if so.
- Have a 15 minute Health Assessment Consultation with Dr. Elaine Hickman. She will answer your questions, briefly assess your health and give advice on your health care options.
A. Initial consultation – $85 or, if concession (i.e. Health care card holder, pensioner or full-time student) $67.50. Refer to the fee schedule page for more information. For herbs, prices usually range from $10 – $40 depending on the item.
A. For initial consultation for adults, allow 1 hour. Follow-up visits range between 30-45 minutes depending on what is necessary.