A. For most conditions, 3-4 treatments are needed to affect significant improvement. For complex cases, a first course of treatment is usually between 4 to 6 sessions. This can vary depending on the individual cases of course. The practitioner will advise you on this after a diagnosis of the problem has been made.
A. No. People are consistently surprised that acupuncture is usually painless when done by an experienced, gentle practitioner. If there is a sensation felt, it may be like a mosquito bite. Usually people find the treatment very relaxing, and most people fall asleep during the session. We also provide needle-free treatment using a low-level medical laser & finger pressure. These are also painless.
- We charge by the time spent, so the time spent can be minimised as much as possible at the discretion of the practitioner.
- Are you concession eligible?
- Do you have private health extras cover? We have HICAPS so only the gap is payable.
- Chinese herbs are very inexpensive so may be a good option; the practitioner will let you know if so.
- Have a 15 minute Health Assessment Consultation with Dr. Elaine Hickman. She will answer your questions, briefly assess your health and give advice on your health care options.
A. Initial consultation – $85 or, if concession (i.e. Health care card holder, pensioner or full-time student) $67.50. Refer to the fee schedule page for more information. For herbs, prices usually range from $10 – $40 depending on the item.
A. For initial consultation for adults, allow 1 hour. Follow-up visits range between 30-45 minutes depending on what is necessary.