Qi Gong is an ancient form of energy cultivation and circulation
Qi Gong is an ancient art, which is thought to have given birth to many of the Chinese sciences, such as Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Herbalism.
The word Qi Gong simply translates as “Energy Work”. Qi Gong is a way to cultivate and circulate internal energy.
Qi Gong is similar to Yoga and Tai Chi in that it involves postures, movements, breathing and meditation for healing and health promotion.
Qi Gong is unique in that it is more energy and movement focused than most forms of Yoga, and does not involve holding difficult postures. Qi Gong science is the foundation from which Tai Chi was developed, the focus is on fundamental well-being and self-healing.
At last count, there were over 450 forms of Qi Gong being taught in China. It is generally said that it has five major schools, Medical, Martial arts, Buddhist, Taoist and Confucian. Another way Qi Gong is classified is into Active and Passive Qi Gong – the latter being mainly still postures emphasising meditation.
Benefits of Qi Gong
- Builds energy
- Promotes circulation
- Calms the mind
- Soothes nerves
- Boost immunity
- Improves sleep
- Connects you with your self
- Facilitates emotional stability
- Promotes flexibility
- Stimulates metabolism
- Builds muscular strength
Here are some research articles to support the benefits of Qi Gong:
It is difficult to capture in words the magic of these classes. Here is some common feedback:
- “I sleep so much better after Qi Gong class”
- “I’ve meditated before, and I thought I knew how to relax, but never before have I been that relaxed! Never before has my mind been that empty!”
- “I find that if I practice each day, my emotions are more stable.”
- “I don’t get colds or flu’s like I used to.”
- “I feel more present and engaged with the world.”
Upcoming Qi Gong events:
Tuesday night classes
Tuesday nights 6.30pm - 7.30pm. New Term commences on May the 9th. $90 for a 6 week term (best way to learn)
Casual students are welcome ~ $18 per class
In this class you will learn movement, breathing & stillness exercises to greatly improve your health. Booking essential.
Dr. Andrew Chambers is an experienced instructor and will be teaching this class.
Call us on 9486 5966 to inquire or book.
Sunday Qi Gong Workshops with Dr. Elaine
Would you like to take your well-being, vitality and tranquility to a whole new level? Do you need powerful rejuvenation and relaxation? Then this Qi Gong workshop is for you. In this full day workshop (9.30am- 5.30pm), you'll experience the benefits of Qi Gong practice and learn a variety of methods to enhance your health for years to come. Yes, you'll feel different after the day and you'll have a solid foundation of knowledge to improve your health on an ongoing basis.
Upcoming workshop dates are:
30th April 2017 (Level 1 ~ for beginners)
9.30am - 5.30pm (yes it's intensive but very relaxing! Most people sleep at some point:)
Cost: $197/ $147 concession for each workshop (stand alone)
Bring a friend (who hasn't been before) to receive the concession rate
Limited spaces (10) available, Book now with a $100 deposit to ensure your place.
Recent feedback about the Medical Qi Gong Sunday workshops:
- "I recently had the pleasure of attending a one day Qi Gong course with Elaine. It was a thoroughly relaxing and empowering way to spend the day. I was reminded of the power of the simple sequence. A couple of niggling issues disappeared over night. Thanks Elaine your thorough teaching and sharing the wisdom"
- "A nurturing day which taught simple take home practices. Thanks Elaine, it was a wonderful day"
- "A great way to learn the breadth of what Qi Gong has to offer"
- "A very productive & informative day, yet also very relaxing & rejuvenating"
- "After attending a full day Qi Gong workshop run by Elaine, I can recommend her as a highly insightful Chinese Medical practitioner with good communication skills and thorough teaching ability. As a newcomer to Qi Gong, Elaine's level one introduction workshop provided a solid grounding and base to begin practice. She is very pleasant nature and warm in spirit."
- "The Level 1 workshop is a great starting point. The mix of practice & theory is well rounded and good to get the ball rolling"
Frequently asked questions:
What style of Qi Gong will be taught in this workshop?
Medical Qi Gong will be taught and practiced in this workshop. It is a style of Qi Gong focused on self-healing.
Sleeping Qi Gong is a passive practice enabling you to access the deep Yin Energy of the Earth. By simply being aware of the breath and lying in specific positions, you create a circuit of Qi flow in the body. This flow cultivates Yin Qi internally and provides the energy to enter deeply into the body.
Standing Qi Gong works by actively opening the Meridians of the legs and arms which are connected to the Earth and Sun. You will also be taught some joint loosening exercises and breathing exercises. You will be amazed at how calm & energised you feel.
Sitting Qi Gong You learn to smile internally, releasing tension and accessing Inner Stillness. You also learn how to open, balance and strengthen your lower Energy Centre.
It is the most relaxing Sunday you are ever likely to spend:)
Who is the Qi Gong teacher?
Qi Gong is such a powerful practice, it is important to learn from somebody who thoroughly understands Qi Gong. Many claim to, but few actually do. Dr Elaine Hickman will be teaching this Qi Gong workshop. Elaine Hickman is a Doctor of Chinese Medicine who has specialised in Acupuncture for over 20 years.
Elaine has been studying Qi Gong since 1994 and learnt Medical Qi Gong from Qi Gong master Dr. Bisong Guo, author of “Listen to Your Body”. Elaine practiced with Bisong intensely for five years, travelling to China on a Qi Gong study tour in 2006. Elaine is passionate about bringing you an authentic, empowering and enjoyable workshop so you can experience the amazingly relaxing and healing benefits of Medical Qi Gong.
How many people will there be in the workshop?
The workshops will have a maximum number of 10 participants to ensure high quality teaching and practice.
What do I need to wear?
Loose fitting comfortable clothing and shoes with socks.
What level of ability is required?
The ability to lie down, stand, sit and be quiet is all that is essentially required. The workshop is tailored to beginners, although the more experienced are welcome.
Cost: $197/ $147 concession for each workshop (stand alone)
Limited spaces available, book today with a $100 deposit to ensure your place.
Intermediate & Advanced workshops will be offered in the near future, please contact us to express your interest.
Workshop location: 261 Waterdale Road, Ivanhoe, VIC
Email email@example.com or call (03) 9486 5966 to book or enquire We are happy to teach other class times subject to demand & availability, including a Qi Gong for Cancer course, so please contact us if these times do not suit.